Restaurant style Dal Tadka
1. Toor dal/arhar – 1.5 cup
2. Onion chopped – 1 bowl
3. Tomato chopped-1 bowl
4. Garlic chopped- 1 tsp
5. Water-2.5 to 3 cups
6. Bay leaf-1
7. Curry leaves-8-10
9. Whole Dry Red chilli-2
10.Salt to Taste
11.Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
12.Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
17.Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
18.Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
19.Ginger crushed-1/4 tsp
1. For this Dal Tadka you can choose toor/arhar+masoor dal as 50:50 portion.
But here we have used only toor dal.
2. Wash & soak dal for 1/2 an hour.
3. Add dal,water 2.5 cup,salt,turmeric, ginger,onion & tomato in a pressure cooker.And then close the lid of cooker,take at least 5-6 whistle,so that dal is cooked evenly.You can add more water too according to your taste.
4. Now open pressure cooker lid and whisk dal with help of whisker,so that dal and water will be mixed evenly.
5. For tadka heat ghee in a tadka pan,then add a pinch of asafoetida,mustard seeds & cumin seeds, let them crackle.
6. Now add black pepper,cloves,dry red chilli,bay leaf and garlic.Now cook all till the garlic changes its colour.After then add red chilli powder cook a little bit then pour this tadka into dal and mix well.
7. Serve this Dal with chapati,rice,pickle etc.Enjoyyyy 🙂