Festival season is still on..😊
So I am again presenting Quick Chakli/Murukku.
A tasty snack,which can be stored for long too.
APF/maida – 300 gm( almost 2 cups)
Sesame seeds- 2 tsp
Carom/ajwain seeds- 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida/hing- a pinch
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Black pepper powder-4-5
Cloves powder- 2-3
Salt to taste
Kasoori methi- 1/2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. In a steamer or in a dhokla pot place flour and steam for 15 minutes.
2. When flour cool down completely then break lumps & make fine powder.
3. Then add all spices,mix well.Then gradually add water,knead the dough.
Dough should be not too tight not too soft.
4. Grease Chakli/Murukku maker and star shape disc with oil, take a small portion of dough and put it in the maker,give circle shape.
5. Make all circle shape Chakli/ on plastic sheet.
6. Heat oil for deep frying.
7. On medium high flame fry chalk till golden brown.
8.Take out on absorbent paper,let it cool.
Now have it as a evening snacks with a cup of tea😀😀😀😀☕
1. You can add rice flour too,for this recipe you can use less than a 1/2 cup rice flour.
2. You can add fine paste of moong daal without skin or you can add any flavour.