Potato chips are thin slices of potato that have been deep fried or baked until crunchy. They are commonly served as a snack, side dish.Everybody loves to enjoy chips whenever they feel to munch something.
Today I am going to share a homemade potato chips recipe.That takes sometime actually but the result is super awesome.
And you can store them for a year too.So only one day it takes but the tension of throughout year is over.
So guys do give it a try and let us know your experience. Thank You..Happy Cooking
Homemade Potato Chips
- 2 KG.- big size Potatoes
- Pinch of – Alum or Fitkari
- Water as required
- For seasoning
- Red chilli powder
- Take big size potatoes and peel them.
- Take a grater or chips maker, then slice them. You will get plainand thinly slice chips.If you want you can follow this process to get plain chips.
- But if you like chips with net or Lattice Chips / Criss Cross Chips / jaali vali chips
- then in a slicer you will find segregated lines, on this we need to grate in a criss cost method, check this process in our video.
- After slicing remove chips from water and wash them in fresh water 2-3 times.And again put them into water so they won’t change colour.
- Now boil water in a big vessel ,when it is boiling then add potato slices. Slightly push them .
- Take fitkari ,I have tied it with a thread or you can take small amount of fitkari powder .
- Move fitkari in boiling water 2-3 times then remove it. And take out any discard from water.
- After 5-7 minutes when chips are done ,Check it with finger and thumb ,it should not be very soft or too hard.
- When it is done then immediately take out chips in a strainer.
- And quickly put them dry separately on old saree, chips should not be attached .So dry chips one by one evenly.
- Keep them under the sun, when they are dry completely then store them in air tight container for a year itself.
- Whenever you want to eat chips, then heat oil ,in medium hot oil fry chips and take out quickly.
- And quickly sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder and serve it a cup of tea. Enjoyyyy 🙂
- Reason to add fitkari is , it clears the water and keep chips white.
- You can dry chips under the fan too.
- Do not add salt while boiling chips, if you do so then while frying chips will be red in colour.
- Boil chips in small batches ,after 2-3 uses then change the water.
Now check this recipe with step by step with pics-
big size potatoes and peel them
grate potato to get thinly slice of chips
grate potato on segregated lines to get criss cross chips
Add slices into boiling water
Slightly push them
Tied fitkari or Alum to a thread
Move fitkari in boiling water 2-3 times then remove it
it should not be very soft or too hard.
When it is done then immediately take out chips in a strainer
quickly put them dry separately on old saree
Drying into sun
heat oil ,in medium hot oil fry chips and take out quickly.
sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder and serve it a cup of tea.