We brought a very famous recipe of Rajasthan “Rajasthani Mirchi Bada”. These bada/ pakora/ fritter are heavily filled with potato filling .If you see them cooking in any restaurant we bet you, 😀 you can not ignore them. So what are you waiting for ….try this recipe.And share our recipe with your friends & family. Enjoyyyy.
Rajasthani Mirchi Bada
- Potato Boiled- 4-5
- Green Peas- 1/2 cup
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Crushed- ginger, garlic, onion, green chilli – 1 Bowl
- Red chilli powder- 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper powder- 1 /4 tsp
- Garam masala- a pinch
- Dried Fenugreek- 1 tsp
- Big Green Chilli – 5-6
- Mango powder- 3 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Besan- 2 cups
- Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soda powder- 1/2 tsp
- Water as required
1. First we will make stuffing for bada/ pakora/ fritters.Heat oil in a wok then add asafoetida/heeng, followed by mustard seeds & fennel seeds/ saunf.Then add crushed ginger, garlic, onion, green-chilli, for these no measurement is required, we can adjust according to our choice.
2. Cook crushed mixture till golden brown .Then add dry spices like, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, black pepper powder & garam masala powder.Now cook them well, when oil separates add green peas & cook again for 2-3 min.more.
3. Now add boiled & mashed potatoes into this.Combine well, at this point add kasoori methi, crushed by hands.Mix it well and switch off flame and let this mixture cool completely.Keep it aside.
4. In a bowl add mango powder & salt, mix it well.
5. Wash mirchi/ green chillies, wipe them with cloth.Take one chilli and slit it one side.If you do not want to have much spicy then you can remove all seeds from chilli.Now fill mango & salt powder into chilli around 1/2 tsp.Fill all chillies like this process.
6. Now fill potato filling into chillies, and set aside.
7. Make besan batter with besan + turmeric + salt + water, make lump free batter.When we are about to fry Mirchi Bada add cooking soda and mix well.
8. Heat oil for deep frying , add cooking soda ,mix it well and dip stuffed mirchi / green chilli into besan batter and fry in hot oil.Fry till light brown in colour, fry them in batches of 2-3.
When they are done then take out them on tissue paper.
9. Serve them with sauce or chutney. Enjoyyyy
Cherry Blossom – Wonders by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)