This Diwali surprise your guests with homemade crispy & crunchy “Chana Dal Namkeen”.
Serve namkeen to your guests along with sweets. We are 100% sure they will love it so much.
So try your hands in making this namkeen. If you love this video then hit like and share button.And don’t forget to subscribe our channel ,Please. Enjoyyyy.
Chana Dal Namkeen
- Chana Dal / Bengal pulse- 1 Cup
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Milk – 1 Tbsp
- Water for soaking
Tangy Spice / Chatpata Masala
- Dry Mint / Pudina Powder- 1 tbsp
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Rock Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Citric Acid Powder- 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala- 2 tbsp
1.First wash chana dal in a bowl, then add water into chana dal.
2. In a separate bowl add asafoetida & milk, mix well.Now add this milk into chana dal & cover it give rest to it for 5-6 hours or overnight.
3. When dal is soaked, you will find it soft & double in volume.Now drain water through strainer and in it for some time.
4. After sometime spread this dal on cotton cloth evenly. And place this cloth in open air or you can turn on fan too.
Important Tip :
5. Do not over dry this dal. Dal neither to be wet nor to be much dry. Moisture should remain in it.
Then collect dal in a bowl, it is ready for deep frying.
6. But before frying them we need to prepare a tangy spice / chatpata masala ☺️.
To make this add dry mint / pudina powder, black salt, rock salt, salt, red chilli powder, citric acid powder, chat masala powder in a bowl and combine them well, and keep it aside. ( You can adjust spices according to your taste.)
7. Add dal in a batches in hot oil. Another Important Tip is when you add dal in oil , that time oil should be hot enough and gas flame to be on high. Fry them for couple of minutes , that time you will notice that dal started to float on top.That time put flame on medium high. Fry till golden in colour .Dal also start getting crisp.You can watch in our video for step by step procedure to get exact method.👆
8. Then take out on paper towel to absorb extra oil.Now immediately transfer this fried dal into a bowl and quickly sprinkle tangy spice / chatpata masala powder and mix it well.( if fried dal gets cool down then spices will not stick to them properly .)
9. When it cools down completely then you can store in a air tight container.It will remain crisp for long time if you follow this process as it is.
Serve Chana dal namkeen with tea. Enjoyyyy
Cherry Blossom – Wonders by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)